


We had so much fun the other night! It was fairly warm, about 55 degrees, and Andrew and Brian had been working outside most of the afternoon. Brian is in the process of demolishing the old garage and had some scraps he wanted to burn, so we had a little fire and stayed outside for hours enjoying being outside!! The kids really were getting stir crazy being inside! I am excited to get the garage down so that I can see the kids playing in the back yard from the kitchen! It is always so nice to spend time as a family having fun, taking a break from routine and doing what is really important! I was watching Oprah yesterday and there was this family from Georgia with 4 kids who took a year off of work and are in the middle of a 365 day vacation around the world. Everywhere they are stopping they have a service project lined up. The dad explained why they decided to do this. Four reasons: 1. He felt his family was his top priority, but he was always working and not spending time with them 2. He had a friend who lost a child and he and his wife were reminded that we only have today 3. He had some very scary health problems last year and again was reminded of the brevity of life. 4. He had the opportunity to do some helping out in New Orleans and saw that there were piles of peoples "stuff" all around, but the people were still happy. He realized that their family had so much stuff and he wanted to expose his kids to how the rest of the world lived with so little and was still so content!
It was an amazing story and they are 7 months into it and are still smiling! They have done this on a budget of $45 to $300 a day depending on the country they are in...For a family of 6 that is remarkable!! It was really inspiring!!
Speaking of inspiring...I have my 20 week ultrasound tomorrow afternoon! I am hoping that I can get my scanner figured out so I can get the pics on this site!
No comments:
Post a Comment