Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Toby Mac

So Andrew has become a huge fan of Toby Mac....he asked me to burn him a copy of my cd so he could have his own copy for up in his room. I did and you can often hear it blaring and Andrew and Kelli singing at the top of their lungs with it! I can tell I am getting old, because my first instinct is always to tell him to turn it down, but I have decided that I will wait and fight that battle when it is not music that is such a positive message! He told me the other day, "Mom, did you know that Toby Mac preaches on that cd? He isn't a preacher, but he preaches!" So cute! Another day he was chanting..."I'm a dead man, I'm a dead man..." I stopped him and asked him what in the world he was singing and where in the world did he learn that song because I was not liking the words...I expected him to tell me from someone at school...but no he said, "Wait mom, I am not done singing it...Im a dead man, I'm a dead man...BUT I'M ALIVE IN CHRIST TONIGHT!" I almost started crying I was so proud of that sweet boy shouting it out! And now I find myself standing at the bottom of the stairs to his room to listen to him belt out..."I don't wanna gain the whole world and lose my soul..." Sweet sounds!

So today after school he went to his room, got his cd player (speakers blown by the way) and some earphones and sat at the dining room table coloring an awesome poster he has been working on for months...I had to get a video...He had no idea I was doing this...it is a little long, but watch it to the end, you wont be dissapointed! =) It's in the post below...I couldn't get it in this post for some strange reason??!!

No comments: