It has been so fun (that's one word for it, exhausting would be another!) to have all the kids home the past two weeks on Christmas break! It amazes me how quick these breaks go! I can't believe we are in the home stretch! What has amazed me even more is that the kids are SO anxious to go back to school! They have been blessed with WONDERFUL teachers again this year! Infact when I picked the kids up on their last day of school, as we were pulling away from the school, I exclaimed "Aren't you SO excited to have 2 weeks off of school??!!" Which was followed immediately by Kelli bursting into tears lamenting over how much she was going to miss her sweet teacher! I cannot tell you how thankful I am for these dear women, who invest 7 hours 5 days a week for 9 months, to educate and care for and love on my kids! So our break has consisted of family gatherings, lack of exercise, some cleaning, game playing, playing in the snow, potty training (again. We stopped for a bit), night time and naptime pacifier weaning for Nathan, 2 teeth coming through (as of today!), sleep overs in eachothers rooms, gingerbread house making and a few unexpected "blessings" too. Like, 3 inches of water in the basement, a broken dryer, and $1800 of car repairs!
So here are just a "few" pictures as proof that we are alive and kickin!
Okay, well these first ones we aren't really kickin are we?? I just love watching the kids sleeping! They are so quiet....and still....and peaceful. I often am reminded of a Family Circus comic my mom had hanging on her fridge when we were growing up. The mom was peeking in to her kids room as they were all sleeping soundly in their beds as she is thinking "If only I could thing of them as sleeping instead of recharging!" SO TRUE!!


My light sleeper...I can't get much past her!


Totally out of focus, but this shot is SO Emily!! Joy encompassed!

She is doing SO good with potty training! No accidents today!

Nathan and spit up all over me (numerous times) and he nailed Kelli's hair so we jumped in the shower real quick...She asked me if I would do her hair in the towel like I do mine...she was SO thrilled with this...said it made her feel like a mom! =)

Such a beauty!

He is getting SO big!! We had his 6 month check up a few weeks ago...he was 20 pounds! He is over the 90th percentile for weight (all the other three were at the 10th percentile at this age and not 20 pounds until long after their first birthday!) and he is off the charts for height! He is doing really good...rolling over, getting up on all fours, sitting up for a few seconds, and interacting more and more with his siblings. Kelli can really get him laughing and she spends alot of her time trying to make him!




This one has been a handful for me lately! Mr. Independance and major attitude are coming out! But he sure is a fun kid! He is a ball of energy and has a mind full of sports statistics that are often spewing out of his mouth falling on my clueless ears! =) Even his gingerbread house is decorated in Bears colors! He has 4 loose teeth. The top one on his right you can see is about ready to fall out!

It's a little hard to make out, but can you see that the m&m's on the roof spell "BEARS"?

I also was SUPER busy this fall with my photography! And I have been doing some major learning about the technical aspects of my camera and how to be in controll of the camera instead of letting the camera choose everthing, and I am loving the results I am seeing! I usually edit all of my photos a little before posting here, but this post, these have been all unedited...do you see a difference? This last photo is from a sweet newborn shoot I did this week and this litte guy was so cooperative once he fell asleep...isn't he just delicious!??

Happy New Year!!
2 comments:
thank you for making your roomie happy!!! this made me smile!
Kori, so fun to read the blog and to see all the new photos!!! Had to laugh that you remembered that Circus cartoon clip that I had on our fridge growing up - I do remember that once you mentioned it!!
Love you~
Mom and Dad
Post a Comment