

My memories of his infant stage are really a blur. I suppose some of it was that we were finishing up construction, just starting summer break so all 4 kids were home, and perhaps even that when you have 4 kids the baby stage of each one blends with another! It saddens me a little bit. He is our last baby. Made that official this past Friday (Thanks to Brian for taking one for the team). Then I think about what lies ahead. This year has also included alot of "We can't do that, it's too hard with a baby." or "We can't do that, we'd need to find a sitter." or "Let's wait a year to do that when Nathan is a little bit older." Thinking towards this next chapter of our family's life, I think about it with excitement! As hard as it was for me to leave the childbearing chapter of my life, one I WHOLEHEARTEDLY enjoyed, I look forward to these next years of child-rearing. Not that this last chapter hasn't included that! =) As Andrew gets older, I realize that this next chapter is going to take a whole lot more energy than the child-bearing chapter did, at least to do it well! I am SO thankful for the 4 beautiful, healthy, perfect for me children. On to the next adventure, family!
I am choosing to embrace that my sweet baby (who will always be my "baby") is quickly becoming boy...and this little boy lights up my life!

He can be the biggest pain in the butt, and then flash one sweet smile and I am a puddle of mush. He is smart and learning SO much everyday. He watches his siblings like a hawk, taking in everything they do and then trying to do it himself.


He does everything with passion, whether it's snuggle or throw a tantrum.

He has said goodbye to bottles and hello to sippy cups.

He is a super eater, and there is no doubt that he is well fed (weighing in just a pound less than his 3 year old sister).


When he wakes up for the morning of from a nap, more often than not, he cries like his leg is broken and I go running in, and I am met with squeals, smiles and laughter. He has his mamma pegged!

He has a sparkle in his beautiful blue eyes that I dare you to look at and not fall in love with this sweet boy.

6 comments:
oh....he had me at the first glimpse! he looks so yummy!!
Oh my gosh, do I love that last photo!! The one where it looks like he will walk right out of the computer into my arms! =)
Precious!
Love you~
Mom
Precious post and even more precious boy!!! I seriously cannot believe how BIG he is!!!! WHEN did I see him last?! That makes me so sad :(
i LOVE those lawn mowing pics.. sooo cute!.. and he is such a hunk!!!
DONT forget to get daddy tested in a few months.. there has been many a post 'V' baby!!! LOL
what a precious post. he is such a love... and a big love at that! Cant believe you are offically moving out of this stage of life.... not sure I am ready to commit either way yet... how did you know?
What beautiful photos of a beautiful boy! Life does go by in a blur doesn't it. Trevor and Sean, who are sitting nearby, eating dinner just tried to tell me that they are 9 and 11. I replied, "I blinked, didn't I???" Ha!
Enjoy those last few weeks with your kids. Mine are already back in school (as of 8/11) and I am loving the morning quiet now that Trevor is in kindergarten, finally! Only half day, but two afternoons he will go to K-Enrichment and Sean will go to PDO. It will be good to get more breaks.
Post a Comment