I listen to Christian radio alot. It's usually just background noise. Something positive for my subconscious to listen to. Sometimes it's blarring, and this may surprise you, but I am dancing and singing, maybe even using a hair brush or wooden spoon as a microphone...much to the delight of my sweet audience. Sometimes, it wakes me out of my subconscious going about my day and speaks directly to my heart. The other night on my way home from meeting with a friend over fru-fru coffee drinks (neither of us like coffee, but we both like the idea of sitting in a coffee shop enjoying some fellowship together)just that sort of thing happened. On the radio, the dj was talking about an NFL player who had been living a life steeped with poor choices...drugs, alcohol, sex...and then he found Jesus, and his life has never been the same. He said, it was his Grandma who pointed him to Jesus. She was never pushy, never preached at him, she just lived a life that made it clear that she loved and followed Jesus. The dj then asked for listeners to call in and tell who introduced
them to Jesus. I sorta tuned out at this point, thinking on this sweet grandma who was such an example to her grandson, even when it was so clear that he was walking down a path she knew led to destruction. I thought about how I wanted to live a life so full of Christ that it drew people to Him. I thought about the example I wanted to be to my children. And then my thoughts went to the day Andrew gave his heart to Jesus, and then remembering when Andrew told me over breakfast one morning that he had prayed with Kelli late the night before explaining to her that she did not need to be afraid if she asked Jesus to live in her heart. I was a mom full of rejoicing, and pride too, that my young son understood the importance of a decision like that. And then I thought of our sweet Emily.

I thought about how sweet she is, and how smart she is, and how I need to be praying that I would be aware of opportunities to talk to her about how much Jesus loves her. It seems too young, just 3 years old, to talk to someone about a decision so important? But then I am reminded of the verse in Matthew 19 where Jesus says "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

That very next day, we were driving in the car and, I don't even remember how it came up, but I am sure now it was the prompting of the Holy Spirit, we started talking about good choices and bad choices that we make. We talked about how there are consequences for those choices. We talked about how God loves us so much, that he sent his only son to die on a cross to pay the price for all of those bad choices that we make that seperate us from Him. And it was just amazing to me that her little 3 year old mind, just got it. I asked her if she wanted to pray to Jesus and invite Him to live in her heart when we got home? She said, "I would like to pray right now!" Not sure why I didn't think of that! Pretty sure it's okay to pray while driving! =) So we did. Right there, driving down the four lane, Emily a prayed a saving prayer. And her mommy shed tears of thanfulness and joy resting in the assurance that her little girl would spend eternity with Jesus.
"Lord, protect and keep her; guard and grow her; may You raise her up, Holy Spirit, into an intimate relationship with Her Savior, Jesus, in Jesus' name!Amen!" ~ Prayer of a sweet friend of mine...
4 comments:
SO BEAUTIFUL KORI!! I cried with you and rejoice just the same! Thanks for sharing Emily's most precious testimony - and the pictures are just adorable too! - Val
Kori, what a beautiful post - just touched this grandma's heart - nothing could be more special!
Love you~
Mom
hi kori
i like the story.
from madison (I am at Grandma's house and we are reading blogs)
From Olivia
Aunt Kori I really like your story, the bath one is so funny
Post a Comment