Friday, May 6, 2011

My baby's first haircut

Brian has been asking me to get Nathan's hair cut for about 6 months. I've refused...up until this week. I finally bit the bullet and made the appointment and then immediately called Alysia, one of my closest girlfriends to see if she would come with me. I needed her there for 3 reasons.
1. To help watch Emily
2. For moral support
3. To take photos

I have been dreading it all week. I LOVE the way his whispy hair curls up around his face and at the nape of his neck. And I knew that when it was cut those would be gone forever! It's like the baby-ness would just be cut right off of him. Seriously it was breaking my heart.

I took the opportunity this morning to take lots of pictures of those curls, even though he wasn't totally cooperative. I also asked Emily to take a few of the two of us (I'm pretty impressed with her skills!) Our originally scheduled plans were cancelled so we headed to a park to hang out and have lunch before the dreaded appointment.


"No, I do not want to leave the park to go get my hair cut!"

I had totally anticipated that he would freak out and need to sit on my lap (thus needing an extra adult to help with photography and Emily), so the first surprise was that he was totally a big boy and sat in the chair all by himself! He did not like the drape however (I can't blame it since it was brown with pink polka dots). He also wasn't really fond of the squirt bottle.

(is it just me or does he look a little like Donald Trump in this photo???)

I took Nate to the sweet lady who does my hair...she's awesome!!! (Tammy at Imagine Salon if you need someone!)

Happy to have a yummy sucker for being a big boy!

Such a big, grown up little boy!

My favorite photo of the day!


No matter what your hair looks like, you'll always be my baby sweet boy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh was that fun to see!! And I think you are right about Donald Trump! =)
I love the new haircut.
Mom

Christy said...

Heartwarming, beautiful pictures of a milestone day! I'm so inspired by how you took the time to document it all. Also, you look amazing and your baby boy couldn't be cuter. Love it!

Smith said...

so cute... and he does totally look like donald trump!!! Thats funny!!!

Tammy said...

He is so cute! what a good boy, your pictures are awesome!!