Every June we bring in the summer by attending a parade in Brian's home town. It's always a great day hanging out with family and enjoying the warmer temps and being together. The kids LOVE this parade because they throw out a TON of candy...seriously more than any other parade I've attended in my life! It's so much that by the middle of the parade, the kids realize they can start being picky and they just leave some of their less favorite candies lie on the street! Yeah, it's that much candy! What I love most about parades is watching my kids. I love the anticipation on their faces!



I always take a bunch of pictures of the parade and as I'm looking through them I always think that it was a waste to take them because the pictures I love the most are of the kids watching the parade. So this year I really didn't watch the parade at all. I just watched and photographed my kids.
The parade always opens with several local fire departments...fire truck after fire truck and ambulance after ambulance, all with lights flashing and sirens blarring. Every year I have always had one young enough to not like all the noise...


After getting snuggled on Aunt Amber's lap and realizing that there was candy flying out of the windows of these noisy trucks, he loosened up a bit, but still didn't like the noise...

It is pretty impressive to see all the fire engines, but really, it does get old after a while...there is a lot of ear plugging going on!

And then comes the little league teams, politicians, floats, clowns, motorcycles, cars and oodles and oodles of candy and happy children!





One picture I did take of the parade....thought this was too cute!




We had a special family join us for the parade this year as well! Shujun is a guy that has worked with Brian for nearly 10 years and he and his 3 children drove down for the afternoon! It was great to have them with us!




By the end, Nathan was still very docile, but waving to every person that passed by

This is what a missed nap and sensory overload looks like when you're two

After a yummy cookout and playing with the family we took a few minutes to celebrate Nathan's birthday this past week



This is always a great day~fun~food~and best of all~family..............
No comments:
Post a Comment