I'm having trouble sleeping tonight so I got back up and decided to post about our getaway this past weekend. Hopefully my lack of sleep won't bite me in the tail end tomorrow, well I guess I mean today.
You might remember my pictures (on facebook) from our weekend at my cousin's cottage in Michigan. We had SO much fun and I think it was one of the best times we have had as "just us" away from home ever! Andrew and Kelli have been asking ever since when we could go back and we decided it would be fun to go back with just the two of them! So we dropped Nathan and Emily off with Grandma and Papa and made the 4 hour trek to the cottage. It was so special to have that time with the older kids. There are so many times that we can't do what they want to do because it would interrupt nap time or the little ones aren't able to participate or it's too expensive for all of us to do it...It was just really good to have the opportunity to just be with them without the distractions that are a part of life with 4 kids! =)
The pictures are the best way to tell you how fun the weekend was!
The boys love to ride dirtbikes and the girls like to occasionally join in the fun! Kelli's bike wasn't running well so she got to ride along with Brian. Riding dirtbikes totally pushes me out of my comfort zone, but it's worth it on occasion to share in something that Brian and Andrew enjoy so much!

Kelli getting a refresher from daddy before we realized the bike wasn't running right


I think she probably had more fun this way anyway



I don't have a whole lot of pictures of Andrew because as soon as he gets the go ahead he is off!


Could she be any cuter???



Besides being cute, she's also getting so good with the camera! Check out this actions shot she caught (and check out Mom's proud expression that she was catching it!)

I have to admit there is something about it that makes you feel a bit hardcore :)


And then I'm reminded that I'm riding a bike that's just a bit bigger than my 9 year old son and I'm so sore because I've been gripping the handle bars so tight as I'm driving like maybe 5 miles an hour around an almost completely flat route around the property....and I can't help but laugh at myself...

The cottage is only about 5 minutes from Lake Michigan and both kids were anxious to get to the beach. It was a super warm day and it was the perfect way to spend the afternoon.




The water was FREEZING!! Like painful freezing. Like your legs were blotchy and red after getting out freezing. Didn't phase the kids a bit! :)










I wish I knew who these kids were, cause I love this picture! =)

Brian had been showing Andrew how to pick a good rock for skipping and when Kelli and I went for a walk down the beach she collected a bunch to try herself. She saved out the best ones for daddy.

It was a fun yet relaxing, much needed little weekend escape. There is no way however, that Emily is going to let us go again without her!
6 comments:
SUPER great photos! I could feel the love & bonding. =)
I'm so glad you had fun. That one of you in the helmet is especially fun!
looks like you had an wonderful time. Love the silhouette one!!
love them all.... the pics are so crystal clear! How are our kids getting so old??
Those were great!!
Mom
looks like such a blast!
Post a Comment