Saturday, September 8, 2007

Oh Crap!

So the kids wanted to watch a video this afternoon and I told them they had to pick up their mess in the office first. Kelli had spilled a million crayons and there were coloring books littered all over the floor. So as I worked on paying bills and figuring out our budget for this month, I timed them, they finished, and without checking, I went to start the movie for them. As I came back in to the office I saw that Kelli had ripped many of the wrappers off of the crayons and they were all over the floor as well as a bunch of torn out coloring book pages. So I went back to the living room, paused the movie and told them get back in the office and to "pick up all the paper and crap off the floor". Oh my gosh, did I just say crap to my kids?? Neither of them seemed bothered by my use of a potty word, so maybe it went unnoticed. So I continued on to my next activity, a potty break, and I hear Andrew and Kelli talking and Andrew says, "Mom. Where is the crap? I don't even know what crap is??" Guess I need more sleep!! God give me grace and my kids ears that only hear the good things I say!!

1 comment:

Kyle White said...

Ha! "Crap" is a funny word.