Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Mother of the Year I am not!

Last Thursday we had a few more inches of snow. Brian has been so busy with work and the apartment house and had been shoveling so much the days before that I thought I would be a good wife and shovel for him so that when he got home he would be able to just come in and relax for the evening. SO after I got Emily and Kelli settled for their afternoon naps I headed outside at 1245. I was hard at work and around 115 I heard some kids talking, thought it was kinda wierd because all of the neighborhood kids are school age and school doesn't get out until 3pm. So I just kept working my little tail off! At 125pm 3 boys that live down the street walked by with their backpacks on. I yelled at them and asked them what school they go to...they replied that they go to the same school Andrew goes to. I asked them if they got out early and they said that they were dismissed at 1pm! So I ran inside to find 2 messages on my home phone, and 2 messages on my cell phone. I didn't even listen to them because I knew it was the school calling! SO I ran upstairs, woke up Kelli, whom I had let wear her ballerina dress up outfit to bed and grabbed Emily and went running downstairs to get bundled up. Brian called my cell phone and calmly asked were I was, I broke down sobbing and said I was trying to get out the door! He told me to relax, that Andrew was just fine! He said he got a call from Andrew who was very calm and he just simply said, "Dad, can you call mom. She forgot to pick me up." He was waiting in the school office and just chuckled and said "Hi Mom, you didn't remember that I got out at one o'clock today did you?" I told him I was really proud of him for not freaking out. He said, "Thats cause I am a boy, boys don't freak out!" Too funny! To try to make up for it I was going to play in the snow with Andrew and Kelli after I got Emily back to sleep. However, that boy decided to be very naughty and didn't get to go out with Kelli and I....but here are some pics of Kelli!

Here is Andrew watching us out the kitchen window! Poor thing!


Oh yeah, one more mark against me for being nominated for mother of the year....I burnt dinner! Maybe next year!

No comments: