Andrew was outside practicing kicking his football, Kelli was inside coloring, Brian was getting Emily up from her nap and I was editing pictures of my sweet niece, Teagan, when Andrew came running inside yelling, "There is a snake in the back yard!!" His tone told us that this was not a joke or a ploy to get one of us outside to play catch with him, so I immediately ran out with him and sure enough there it was, along our garage. Brian then made his way out and right before the thing slithered up in to the siding of the garage Brian grabbed it and pulled it out. I of course was freaking out! Keep in mind that I grew up in Arizona, where the snakes we found were rattle snakes! Well I quickly realized that this was a dream come true for a 6 year old boy! He was SO facinated by this slithery creature! Both Brian and Andrew tried to convince me that we should keep it as a pet! Ah, no. I will not do snakes! I told Brian I thought he should kill it, and Andrew immediately said, "Ooohhh, can I kill it?" Must be a boy thing! =) They ended up taking it to a local park and releasing it by a pond. Better option, I suppose, but I still would feel better if it were dead!




8 comments:
we tried to capture our family of snakes. kurt wanted to set them free across the river, but no such luck...so 2 of the babies were chopped in half by kurt..only to look up and find jack chopping away next! the 3rd...well he wised up and left our back stop and momma has not made an appearance since! i don't do snakes!!!!
SICK SICK SICK. I am glad Teagan was a girl... no offense, I love andrew... but I am not ready for boy stuff like that. Btw- your pictures of Teagan are a huge hit. Your gonna have alot of orders. :)
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW HE TOUCHED IT???????EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Way to go Kori..I agree.. I totally draw the line on snakes..I dont think I would sleep if one were in my house.. or "NOT in the cage, in my house"!!! When we were in Door County last year we saw lots of them when walking thru the woods.. UGGGH>> i just hate them!
gross. no way. i won't even look at them when we are at the zoo.
Mother of 2 boys here....
Look at poor Andrew's face in the one picture looking up at you, saying 'why can't I keep him? Pleeeze, pleeezze mom.....' You broke his heart.
(Actually I'm with you!)
~Aunt Madeleine
I am actually surprised the picture of Andrew holding the snake didn't turn out all blurry cuz if it were me taking the photo I would not be able to stand there and watch my little boy hold a SNAKE!! Ugh!! Kudos to you for letting him explore what being a boy is all about!! ;)
Kori- Sorry I haven't stopped by for a while - just a bit overwhelmed with life. But when you mentioned your adorable kids on facebook, I had to pop over (even though it is midnight and I should be in bed). Your photos are truly magnificent!
Trevor has been begging for a snake for ages now. We actually have a quite large snake living right near the house. At first, Trevor found a long snake skin in the bushes right next to the entryway. Then, a handyman said he saw the real thing on our retaining wall steps. Yikes. I don't do snakes either!
Post a Comment