Monday, November 3, 2008

Trick or Treat, weekend getaway and the flu??

Well we have had an adventure filled few days! Friday I helped out at Andrew's school for his Halloween parade and party and then we took the kids trick or treating after dinner. Emily wasn't sure what was going on she mostly just hung back with me and Brian, but did muster up the courage to go to one door and was thrilled with her bag of whoppers!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
And this was funny...Emily saw all these political signs in this one yard and she made a bee line for this one and ran right into it and tried to knock it down! =)
Photobucket

Our last stop for Trick or Treating is always Brian's parents. This year we left the kids there and Brian and I headed out for an overnight getaway that I had been planning for a while! I don't think that I have ever successfully pulled of a surprise as long as I have known him, so I was so excited that I had been able to keep this one a secret! We left from there and headed in towards Chicago and stayed at a lovely hotel Friday night. Unfortunately, I was up coughing all night long, so it was not the great night of sleep I was hoping for! We headed out Saturday morning for a yummy breakfast and then on to the College of Dupage for a show at their arts center. Brian and I are big fans of WGN Radio and one of our favorite brodcasters is John Williams. He is funny, intellegent and just a real character. He has been doing this show for the last 12 years where he interviews an actor that is playing Thomas Jefferson. Last year this same actor portratyed Teddy Roosevelt. It was such a great show that they did that again this year. The tickets are really hard to get but I got some for us and it was super! We were a little worried as neither of us are big history buffs, and the fact that the mean age of the audience was about 30 years our senior was also a little unsettling! =) But it was a fabulous show! Very entertaining! From there we went and saw a movie and then off to Cheeseburgers In Paradise for an early dinner. Brian is a Jimmy Buffet fan so this is a restrauant he had wanted to try for a while now! I happened to get a gift card from Ted and Danielle for my birthday that could be used there! So thanks Ted and Danielle for helping fund our weekend! After our yummy meal we headed back to get the kiddos. Got everyone home and settled in bed shortly thereafter. Brian and I watched a little tv and then off to bed ourselves. We woke up the next morning and neither Brian or I felt well at all. Both of us with really upset stomachs. We figured it must have been something we ate at the resteraunt. That is, until Kelli came and wake me up at 330 this morning to say that now Andrew was throwning up too!! I called Brian's mom to let her know and she had been sick yesterday too! Uggh! Well we are just laying low today. All feeling much better than yesterday, but not totally recovered. I sure am glad Brian and I had our little getaway as a little respite before the puke hit the floor! =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the photos - cracked my up seeing EMily trying to knock down the political signs!
Hope you are all on the mend!
Love you~
Mom