The other day I was being VERY productive. A friend of mine had on her facebook status that she was going to do a better job that day of "managing her domain". Shortly before reading that I had been frustrated and overwhelmed with all that was on my to do list, and that my to do list was continually interrupted by any number of things (good, bad, and sometimes unnecessary but self inflicted (like being on facebook for no good reason when I had a to do list a mile long!)). Anyway that day I set out to be productive. I made a pretty impressive to do list for just that day and went to work. Started a load of laundry. Put away all the folded laundry. Planned Novembers menu. Made a grocery list for said menu. Closed out October's budget. Filled out Novembers budget. Paid some bills. Edited some photos. And of course fed babies and snuggled babies. After Emily's nap, she was helping me switch the laundry over from the washer to the dryer. What I didn't realize is that she also included her red-violet crayon with the clothes she was putting in! I quickly realized it however when I opened the dryer door to get the clothes out a few hours later. AAARRRGGGHHH!!! I was most upset that there were 2 brand new shirts that Brian had given me the day before!!! He is being such a great cheerleader for me as I am trying super hard to loose weight and he is giving me fun gifts at each 10 pounds lost! I was certain I was going to have to toss all these clothes or turn them in to rags. The inside of the dryer was also a beautiful shade of pink! I went to the Internet to search how to best clean the dryer to avoid red violet remnants in the next loads of laundry and also found a recipe for a magic cleaner that all who responded said it worked wonderfully! SO I thought I would give it a try and IT DID WORK!!!!! I could have sang every stanza of the Hallelujah Chorus!! Hoping that it might work, I took before pictures praying that I would have a need to take afters!!! (Magic Cleaner Recipe below pictures)






I couldn't find the before for this one...but all of Nathans new white longsleve onsies (that can be hard to find) looked like they were pink tiedyed!!

The Magic Concoction

1 Cup Color Safe Bleach
1 Cup Shout Triple Action Stain Remover
1 Cup Borax
1 Cup Vinegar
1 Cup Hydrogen Peroxide
4 scoops of Sun Oxygen Cleaner
I filled the washer with HOT water, dumped in all the ingredients, and let the clothes soak in it for an hour. The water was completely pink at the end of that hour, so I threw in a Shout Color Catcher Sheet to prevent it from getting back into the clothes. They were all Spotless!!! Write this Magic Cleaner recipe down and tape it somewhere by your washer and dryer!!!!
3 comments:
Wrote it down, taped and posted next to dryer as you said.....DONE! Waiting for the next accident to happen! And you can bet it will!!!
Kori, that is really IMPRESSIVE!!!
So happy for you that it worked - to me it is amazing that these items had already been through the dryer - usually once that is done, there is little hope!
Love you~
Mom
I have a stain on one of my favorite white dresses! I'll have to give this a try! Thanks Kori!
Post a Comment