Saturday, March 27, 2010

So much for my post a day! =)

I'm okay with not posting each day, because truth be told, there wasn't time to post each day because we were busy enjoying Spring Break to the fullest! I did however take pictures all week, so I will make up for my lost days all in one huge picture heavy post!


Brian bought a dirt bike many years ago, a real dud of a bike actually. But it was the start of something much bigger than I realized!=) A great father/son (and maybe father/daughter) activity. He found a great deal on a bike for Andrew several years ago, it eve had training wheels, and Andrew quickly fell in love. He lost the training wheels last year and this year this little bike seems like a toy to him. So as of today we are proud new owners of a bigger, faster bike that matches Brian's bike that he got around Thanksgiving to replace the dud!

This is the old bike...(I am hoping for training wheels to be put back on and that Kelli can get some riding in this summer! She actually has ridden it without training wheels this year, but isn't to sure about it, so I think with the wheels she would get a lot more comfortable). These pictures were taken after Brian and Andrew had been out riding for a couple hours...





And I am sure this one will be more than sitting on it sooner than anyone would expect! =)



Love this kid...dirt in the eye and all!


Don't think this could have been much cuter!


Nathan's first taste (literally) of the great outdoors





He's workin' really hard on getting his two front upper teeth through...he keeps rubbing his tongue against them =)

Kelli had a playdate with a friend and Andrew volunteered to take Emily outside for lunch. I am having a really hard time getting Emily to take naps when the weather is nice out (she is presently screaming up in her room as I type this). She wants to be outside SOOOO bad, and I can't blame her! She plays so good outside so I have been letting her skip her nap on occasion as she will then go to bed a little bit earlier. They asked if they could eat lunch outside, and I was happy to see them eating on the stairs right outside the back door so I could get a few shots of the "sweet" interactions, and by that I mean, Emily putting orange jello all over the stairs and Andrew's pants!





Been learning some new photo editing software and some nifty gadgets that you can download for it...this is one of my favorites! It is a free download from The Pioneer Woman...It's called "Seventies"


Last night we got a sitter for the younger two and Brian surprised the older kids and me with a trip to see the local minor league hockey team play. We went around Christmas time and the kids loved it and this was no different!













And some cotton candy to end the night...


2 comments:

breeze said...

These all look like so much fun!!

Anonymous said...

Love, love all the new pictures!! Those freckles on Andrew are adorable! And Kelli looks SO much like you! (matching eyes even!)
Emily laughing outside on the back steps eating her lunch was priceless...and I wonder how Nathan enjoyed the dirt for his lunch! That must have been a discovery for him - hopefully he won't try that menu again!
I sent all of the sisters blog sites to Laurel Nelson the other day - she wrote me the sweetest email.