Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Summer's over... :) I mean :(





(oops!  I wrote this post a couple of weeks ago and never published it!  Guess I got distracted by the glories of quiet afternoons...)


I had such mixed emotions about school starting again this week! One second I was disappointed that there wasn't anymore time to spend with the big kids during the day and wishing we had done more. The next second, they were bickering and being obnoxious and not listening and I was counting down the minutes until August 24th! The few days before school did start were really precious days. We did really fun (and free) things together.

The first day of school was only a half day and Brian also happened to get off work early. He volunteered (after the kids basically told him he had to) to stay home with Nathan while he napped and the rest of us headed to a museum in our sweet little town. I forget every time between visits to this museum just how fun it is! It was even better because it was a free admission day!

Goofy kids!


This is a really cool scale that tells you what animal weighs about what you do.

This was the first time Emily had been to the museum and she was precious to watch!  She we fascinated!

Here's a quick slideshow of some of the animals they have on display.  (the reptiles are alive)



Down stairs they have an awesome play center for the kids which also houses Hercules the turtle.  The kids loved watching him and touching his shell.  Emily was a bit timid at first, and stayed close to Andrew.




And when Andrew wasn't around, she clung to the hem of mommy's shorts :)


I love being able to spend time like this with my kids.  It is so fun to watch the wheels of their minds turning as they learn and see new things.
More of our summer adventure's to come!

No comments: