We have had lots of rain the last week! Not as much as some areas in the country, but we did make national news last night. A trailer park about half a mile from our house was evacuated because of flooding of the local river that runs right across the street from the park. 2 state highways are closed in our town and there is water every where! I talked to my 2nd cousin today who lives a few miles from us and her kids were canoeing in their back yard!! We just had a few small puddles in the back yard. The kids were running around inside, I told them to stop or go outside, and they of course chose to go out. My mom was here, and she was upstairs and had looked out the window and yelled down that the kids were playing in puddles... I think the first thought of every mom is about the mess, but I saw how much fun they were having and just couldn't put a stop to it!



There is also a spot on our concrete "patio" (the slab where our garage used to be) where water collects, this water was fairly clean, so they "washed up" in that water! So much fun!!


Here are some pics of Emily and the kids...she is doing good! Eating well, sleeping sorta well, she has some good 4 hour stretches, unfortunately mostly during the day. =)





No comments:
Post a Comment