Early this summer, one evening sitting outside, we were observing a squirrel that didn't seem "quite right". After further evaluation, Brian decided that there was something seriously wrong with this creature, and put it out of it's misery. This was one squirrel of 4 that has been living in our attic. After the babies were grown, we thought they had all moved out, but the last month we have been hearing some rather aggressive "chewing" sounds above Kelli's room. Since squirrel's can cause some major damage, Brian decided to get a trap and see if we could resolve the problem. So Tuesday night and Wednesday, several trips were made by the kids to the back window to check and see if there was anything in the trap. No results. I had a doctors appointment yesterday and when we got home, we could see that the trap door was closed and upon closer evaluation this is what we found...

The kids were fascinated, and watched it for almost an hour from this safe distance. Brian was still at work so we waited patiently for him to get home. Brian and I had not really discussed what the next step was, but Andrew was certain that it was to shoot it with a BB gun! So Brian came home and we had a quick dinner and then took a family trip to a wooded area not far (but far enough) from home to release the poor creature, who was now quite irritated!
The kids and I got up in the back of the truck (I was kinda nervous about how a ticked squirrel would act after being released! So I wanted us to be watching from a safe distance.
Brian got the trap door opened and the squirrel immediately ran up a tree by the river. A much better home (at least in my opinion) than our attic. So I think the trap will be set again this afternoon to try to catch the 2 remaining attic residents!
No comments:
Post a Comment