Most of you know that I am an avid fan of the "Confessions of a Pioneer Woman" blog. You can find a link for it under my favorite blogs. It is facinating! I realized, while uploading pictures of this weekend to my computer, that I have my own little pioneer world! These are pictures of our weekend. It was a pretty typical one around here. Brian, my marlboro man, working on some project to improve our home. This weekend it was leveling dirt and planting grass seed in the area of our yard that was torn up when he built a beautiful new garage earlier this year. Andrew and Kelli have been spending alot of time out side with Brian while I have been inside with Emily. Kelli discovered some "beans" that the neighbor is growing that have come over onto our side of the fence.
"Mom, what is in here?
Love the look of discovery!
After leveling 2 semi loads of dirt, roto-tilling it numerous times, planting grass seed, and spreading straw over it, Brian rolled it to help pack it down and level it more. He gave Kelli a ride and I just happened to snap this photo as they looked at eachother! Priceless! 
Andrew wanted a ride too...He hopped up to get on Brian's lap, and when Andrew was up on the seat, Brian hopped off!! Andrew didn't flinch and did a great job!


I love the midwest life!


1 comment:
Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing them.
at writer's group monday we decided on the last monday of each month (oct. 29 being the next meeting). could we switch to the 1st monday (nov. 5 then being the next mtg.)? it works better for some schedules.
Post a Comment