Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sign Language

Emily uses screaming to get her point across. It really grates on your nerves. The girl has some major volume. I was asking some ladies from church to pray that we would be able to figure out how to get her to stop doing it. One of the ladies prayed that night that Emily would find a different way to communicate and the next day I was out to lunch with a girlfriend of mine and she suggested that we try some sign language. I thought that was a great idea and perhaps an answer to the prayers from the night before so I headed to the library after lunch to get a book on baby signing. She isn't really consistent, but she sure gets a kick out of all of the rest of us doing different signs to try to figure out what it is that she wants! The book also said that some babies come up with their own signs. I had to laugh when I walked in to the kitchen the other day.

Tell me, do you think this means "I'm Thirsty"?

Photobucket

No comments: