Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's either laugh or cry...I choose laugh!

So two "kids say the darndest things" moments from Kelli this week....

#1...We are in Jewel, waiting for yet more prescriptions to be filled, and Kelli yells out..."Hey Mom!! Look over there!! They have crotches!!!" I look in the direction she is pointing and see she is talking about crutches!! "Emily, Look!!" she exclaims again, as I am trying to fight the laughter as to not crush her oversensitive spirit (wonder where she gets that from??)... "Crotches, just like the ones Daddy used to use!" I finally gain composure and bend down and say..."Kelli, its cr-uuuu-tches!!, crotch is another word you can use to describe your bottom!" Of course she was mortified that she had now yelled it twice...sweet thing!


#2...At dinner tonight I was giving Brian a recap of some of the talk radio I had listened to this morning. One segment talked about the taxes they are imposing on cigarettes and if it was fair to single out smokers, and wouldn't people just try harder to quit smoking if it was going to cost them more than they could afford and then the increase tax to fix our deficits would not be effective anyway. I still think they should impose the taxes even if it is for the sole purpose of giving smokers another reason to quit (because potential death apparantely isn'y enough of a reason) and then they should also charge a higher tax for foods that contain High Fructose Corn Syrup and Saturated fats, etc....maybe then people would quit eating junk and make healthier food choices. It is frustrating that it is so much cheaper to eat food that isn't good for you, than it is to eat fresh. And a nice conversation about what good food versus bad food does to our bodies ensued. Ending with the basic conclusion that if we make poor food choices we will get fat. To which Kelli then says...."Andrew you are not fat, Dad you are not fat, I am not fat." And then she looks at me and says, "Well, you are fat." and then she went back to eating with out skipping a beat! I burst into laughter, big belly shaking laughter, tears filling eyes laughter! Brian, bless his heart, explained that I was getting bigger because of the baby growing inside. I of course didn't argue that or give any insight on the food choices that I have made during this pregnancy that have added more than a few unnecessary pounds that are oh so easy to blame on eating for two!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness those were absolutely hysterical!! Speaking of kids saying the darndest things you have to go and see this - I just got it tonight from a friend - it is an Art Linkletter clip. I am not sure you would even know about him - worth viewing - he interviews kids!!!
http://carolynspreciousmemories.com/Videos/kids_artlinkletter.html

The Lawver's said...

OH MY WORD. I almost choked on my coffee when I read the second one.

What a doll!

Oh and PS.... I LOVE the chore chart. Im going to make one for Ted. :)

THE SULLINS said...

Oh my gosh, both of those comments were SO cute. The later one brought tears to my eyes...so so funny. You think that you will NEVER forget those precious, funny comments,but some how you do....so cool to have them journeled like this.....PRECIOUS!!!!

Nikki said...

I am prod of you for laughing because I would have cried...... those are soooo funny!