Brian...
Doing amazingly well! Yesterday I told him I was going to take the kids to church to get out of his hair for a while and he said he wanted to go with! So we took off his bandages, he showered and off we went! He has been more sore today but he is trying to take less of the "big" drugs and in turn is moving a little slower, but we did go for a walk and ran some errands and made a trip to the library so he could check out some movies and a book. All in all it has been a very smooth recovery to this point! We will check in with the doctor sometime this week!
Emily...
Still has one purple ear, but not as noticeable as it was a few days ago! Brian got her checked in to the nursery on Sunday while I was parking the car, so I can only imagine the nursery workers coming up with a story about me letting Emily play with purple markers! =) The drainage is less, but still there. The ENT called today with the results of her most recent cultures and she still has strep A growing in her ears! AAGGHH!! So now tonight we will start on a round of oral antibiotics and then go back to the ENT on Thursday or Friday. Overall Emily is doing very well. She is not quite herself, but overall is really not bothered by all of this. My biggest concern is that her hearing is being affected. She has gotten VERY loud, not sure if this is temperment or adapting to the gunk in the ear!? Pray that these antibiotics work, if they don't the next step is a CT scan to check the anatomy of the ear and then a "throurough cleaning under anesthesia" by the ENT. This drainage started on March 14th, so we are all ready to get this figured out!! Thanks for your prayers!
Kori....
I have my regular OB appt tomorrow. All is pretty much status quo. I have been contracting some, but not so much that it has been a concern. And this is my 4th pregnancy so I am sure some of it is my uterus saying..."seriously?? we are doing this again???"! So I anticipate no restrictions and just keep doing what we're doing! 32 weeks!! It is a little nuts how quick this pregnancy has gone!! I will try to post another belly shot soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My goodness, honey, you sure have alot going on!! It all comes with having a large family - and yes, in this age you have a large family! Wouldn't trade it for the world!!
Love you~
Mom PS found some treasures for you in our attic today!
Kori,
I enjoy reading your blog, and although we don't know each other well, I find encouragement from other moms who are raising their kids in Christian homes.
I saw the picture of your little Emily with the gentian violet ear, and I'm sorry she is having quite a time with the drainage. When my oldest was an infant we battled thrush constantly while I nursed her. Her pediatrician would paint up her mouth with gentian violet, and away we'd go. I was left with purple stained crib sheets, and a little girl that looked like she had a clowns mouth. We laughed about it, and took lots of pictures. :)
I hope your Emily's ear is better soon.
Kristen (Bierer) Miles
fourmoremiles.blogspot.com
Post a Comment