Saturday, June 20, 2009

Introducing Nathan Craig Mauch

Well, I finally have a few minutes to get this post up! It has been quite a week! Last Sunday morning I woke at 630 to an uncomfortable contraction and a full bladder (nothing new in the world of a 9 month pregnant woman!) But after 5 more of those uncomfortable contractions over the next hour, I told Brian at 730 that I thought "today may be baby day!". Brian called his parents to put them on "alert" for coming to watch the kiddos and we got up and got showered and ready to face what the day brought! Well at 8am I called Keith and Nancy to go ahead and make there way over. I was pretty sure things weren't going to stop and considering my last labor was a little over an hour and a half, wanted to stay ahead of things. Keith and Nancy arrived shortly thereafter and we headed for the hospital, I was very uncomfortable and feeling lots of pressure. We arrived at 840 and were greeted by friendly faces...that has been such a blessing for me with all 4 kids, to have friends that I worked with for 7+ years be with me! This time around it was sweet, crazy, Rhonda! (She is pregnant with her 6th!!! Same age as me). The great thing is she is also a photographer and she snatched my camera while I was in labor and most of the pictures you will see in this post were taken by her (and there are alot of them!!). Well after getting in bed, Rhonda checked me and I was 9 centimeters and my bag of waters was buldging which is what was causing the immense pressure. But delivery was imminent! Only thing we needed was the doctor (who was on her way, but still 20 minutes out)! I got as comfortable as I could and waited for my body to tell me it was time to start pushing...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Music is very theraputic to me...I have made cd's for the last three labors...and one of the first things I ask for when I arrive at the hospital is a cd player...some of the songs on the cd for this labor you are listening to now...
Photobucket

The next thing I ask for is a mirror...I have been able to watch all 4 of my babies being born...priceless! Oh, and that is my doctor...She made it!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Getting closer....
Photobucket

Photobucket
Some where between where these two pictures were taken, Doctor Atkins said that I had just a bit of cervix left to dilate, so I turned to my side which helps get rid of that and one contraction later that sweet baby must have moved just right and came right down and as I turned back to my back (screaming the whole way, mind you) the head delivered and one quick push later we welcomed our baby boy!!!
Photobucket

Proud dad cutting the cord!
Photobucket

I think I am saying..."I can't believe it is a boy!"
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I told Brian about a week before I delivered that I felt like this was a huge baby! He said I said that with all the others too! =) Well my feelings were right with Nathan! He was more than more than half a pound more than the others!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Meeting his new brother and sisters!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bri and Kor plus four!!
Photobucket

We are overwhelmed and thankful beyond belief for the precious gifts God has given us in these 4 children. What a joy to share lifes adventures with them! And now onto the adventure of life with 4 kids! The first week has already been crazy! I will post more pictures later of our time at home and share a little more about what has been going on, but for now I need to catch a nap before the next feeding time! =) Thank you to all of you who have been so helpful these past months with the kids and laundry and friendship and to those who have prayed for us and the safe arrival of Nathan! We are blessed!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will find some days will be a blurr! Matt was 20 mos when I brought Amy home and Chris was turning 6 the following week. Having 4 kids, 6 and under was a busy time but you know I wouldn't trade one second. You are right you are blessed and you will find that these are presious days. Enjoy and rest as you can, congrats! Your family pic is just precious!!

Wendy Gale

the back door said...

you are am amazing woman!! what beautiful pictures and a wonderful family to enjoy for many years!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bri & Kor,
Congratulations! I was so excited for you when I got Brian's email last week. Isn't God truly awesome? We need another family reunion. Be blessed - and REST!!!

Taunya Ranis

Anonymous said...

Kori, What a gift to hve your friend take all those fabulous photos!! They are just precious. Love you and along with what Wendy wrote, get some rest! =) Love you!
Mom

THE SULLINS said...

Precious precious pics Kor. Contratulations again. They brought tears to my eyes....I felt like I was almost there. GREAT pictures. If Nathan would have been a girl, I would have SWORE you put red lipstick on him already..ha ha ha ha....what a precious punking. LOVED the picture of the 6 of you. Loved the picture of Brian kissing. I love marriage and the preciousness of it!! :) CONGRATS!!!

Anonymous said...

how awesome to have those great pics!

Wendy Hill said...

Kori - I know what you mean about huge - Trevor was 8 lbs. 14 oz. and my biggest. I took one look and said, "He's HUGE!" It brings me back to his birth, when you were my savior - my sweet helpful nurse, commiserating with all my bloating pains afterwards, and encouraging me every step of the way. Thanks again and congratulations again.