It has been a few days since there was an update and that is mostly because things have been happening so fast that I have not been able to sit and get pics from the camera to the computer and as far as I am concerned that is a good problem to have!! Of all the things that are going on...no kitchen, no laundry, no first floor running water, and being huge pregnant the thing that has stressed me out the most is worrying about all the drywall dust that will come when the attic room is drywalled and wanting that to all be done and cleaned up prior to bringing the new little one home...I just didn't want those sweet little lungs exposed to all that nasty dust. Well after 3 weeks of trying to contact people to come give us bids, we finally got someone here on Thursday and thank you Lord he had 5 additional guys here starting Saturday morning at 730am and the entire attic plus the stairway plus the part of our room that was affected by this project was completely drywalled! They were back at 700 this morning and taped and mudded the entire thing, will be back Wednesday to apply coat #2 and then will finish the project by Friday! I (we) are SO thankful for this quick progress! I have taken pictures of what it looked like before Saturday and since, but I am not going to share them with you! =) I don't know if I have mentioned before that very early in this renovation project Brian told Andrew that he wanted the room to be a surprise for him. Andrew was very upset by this because he wanted to help Brian with the work and of course wanted to know what was going on up there! So Brian, understanding fully Andrew's desires, left it up to him. Well bless his heart, he decided that he wanted it to be a surprise so he has NEVER been up there since the project started! Andrew is a big fan of our blog and he checks it regularly to see what I have been posting. Today when I told him that he wasn't going to be able to look at the blog for a while because I was going to put pictures of the attic on it, he was again very upset. Well I immediately told him that I thought it would be a good idea if we made everyone who reads our blog wait to see the room until after he got to see it and he thought that was a much better idea! So, sorry folks...you will have to be as patient as this sweet 7 year old boy and wait to see the progress of the attic! We promise that we will do a great post with before and afters once Andrew is moved up in to what I can promise you is the most amazing room for a 7 year old boy you have ever seen!
Here is a little of what is going on with the kitchen addition...
The trusses were set last Tuesday and the roofer started and finished the shingles on Wednesday... The plumber is supposed to start Tuesday and Brian will soon be starting on the electric and duct work!

Siding started going up on Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment