Thursday, June 14, 2007

Magic Stain Removing Solution

Okay so recently my mom and I undertook the daunting task of organinzing all of the kids clothes that we have. Over the last 6 years I have managed to collect 12 huge bins of clothing from size newborn to size 8 for both boys and girls. Because I have collected these at random times from garage sales and alot of hand-me-downs, I have just been throwing them into bins with no strategic organization whatsoever! So with a new baby soon to arrive I felt it was the time to strategically organize them! So mom and I last Monday (after commendeering my dad to carry all 12 bins up from the basement) tackled the project! We labeled each piece of furniture in the living room as well as two tables in the dining room with age ranges and genders and emptied all 12 bins into their appropraite piles and then went through each pile and weeded out all clothes with stains or that I just didn't like anymore. It was rather embarrassing to see all of these clothes! I could have clothed a small nation's population of children I am sure! We got it down to 9 bins all labled and put back into the basement in only about 8 hours!! It was a long day, but oh what a good feeling!! All this to say that I found several of my favorite newborn clothes had spitup and other stains on them and really was not wanting to throw them away. My mom mentioned that my Aunt Madeline had this magic solution for getting stains out. So I got the solution from her and tried it out and I was SO pleased with the results! 24 out of 28 newborn outfits came out looking brand new!!!! Because of these great results I thought I would share the solution with all of you! So here is the Magic Solution!! She originally got it from a school newsletter...

Football moms: Here's the annual "magic recipe" for those outfits your son wears on those grassy, muddy football fields (It works for stains on everyones clothes)

NYLON WHITENER
1/4 cup Cascade
1/2 cup chlorine bleach
1 gal hot water
Soak 30 minutes. Rinse in clear water. Rinse in vinegar and water. Then put through regular wash cycle.

******************************

Another one I have is:
1 c Cascade
1 c Clorox 2
1 gallon hot water
Soak overnite.

I was afraid to use the first one because most of the outfits were colors, so I did the 2nd one. I am going to try the first one on the 4 outfits that still had stains left and I will be sure and let you know!

1 comment:

the back door said...

i have some clothes i'd love to try this on....did you use powder cascade or liquid????