Okay~ So wierd thing, Sunday evening all of the sudden out of nowhere my sinuses just totally plugged up. It made for a rough night of sleep and I woke up with a sore throat and still the sinus congestion. I was hoping it would pass as quickly as it came on so I was trying to stick it out without medication. I did however give in and took sudafed twice yesterday and it didn't help at all! Then came flooding back (no pun intended) the Oprah episode where Dr. Oz was talking about the Netti Pot. It is a little watering can looking thing that you fill with warm salt water, pour it into one nostril and the water and whatever else the water flushes out comes out of the other nostril. Oprah had a random audience member try it live, and she lived through it! I had anticipated lots of choking and gagging and sputtering. Since the show aired, Walgreens and CVS pharmacies have been advertising that they are carrying this product. So after my chiropractor appointment this morning, off to Walgreens we went.

Well, I have now successfully flushed my sinuses and I must say I noticed an immediate difference! While it was a little akward at first, it was not uncomfortable! So for the moment, I am recommending it! I will give another update tomorrow after seeing how it helps with nighttime congestion! Here is a link to Oprah's website, with a picture of the audience member using the netti pot...
http://www.oprah.com/health/oz/oz_20070426_350_106.jhtml
No comments:
Post a Comment