It happens in most households with young children, I know that. But does it happen 4 times!!! Andrew has this "cute" little thing he does...he likes to cut hair. He did this 3 times to himself over the first 4 years of his life. After being reprimanded, I would shave his head, which most times would even out enough so it wasn't noticeable. He hasn't done it in a while, I was thinking he was getting old enough to know better. Well, today he took it to a whole new level. I cut his hair with scissors on Saturday night. Usually I use clippers, but they are getting old, and they pull the hair while cutting it and it is a major pain for both the cutter and the cuttee so I decided to give scissors a try. I was proud of myself for the job I did and I guess I talked it up too much because today he decided to give Kelli a haircut with scissors. They were upstairs cleaning their room, which needed to be done before they could go swimming, this is a process that takes them FOREVER, so I didn't think much of the fact that they had been up there for a while. They finally got it done and came down and for about 45 minutes I was none the wiser. Then Kelli was walking away from me and I noticed the damage....I freaked!! From the front, you can not tell, but from the back there is this nice new layer cut (quite straight I must say). I couldn't get a picture that does the damage justice, but at least you can get a little bit of an idea. So do I let it go and wait for it to grow out, or do we do a big girl haircut? The shortest part is right above the nape of her neck.
The other funny thing (wait, what was the first funny thing, I don't think this is funny).... When Andrew cut his own hair, I was upset that he got into the clippers and cut his hair, but I didn't shed any tears over it. I bawled like a baby today....I was so upset over this. Pregnancy hormones? Long locks that were so beautifully growing out that now are lost? Girl hair vs boy hair? When I was blubbering to Brian he so lovingly reminded me that it is only hair, it is nothing to get so worked up over! At least there is one voice of reason in this household!
1 comment:
cut it!! chloe had grown her hair out with beautiful long bouncy curls and announced she wanted it cut off...it is just about to the nape of her neck and really looks quite adorable and grown up!! then it will grow nicely again!!
thankfully, i've NEVER had to deal with this. we give pretend haircuts with fake scissors!!!
Post a Comment