Friday, November 2, 2007

Walking!!

Well, my plan for post partum weight loss was to walk Andrew to and from school each day. Finally this past week Emily's schedule has permitted us to do just that! It is very chilly in the morning and we bundle up with gloves, hats and coats, but it has been beautiful in the afternoons! It is 1/2 a mile each way so it is 2 miles a day so 10 miles a week! I am pleased with that! Emily loves the stroller which also makes the walk more enjoyable! These pictures were taken early in October on a very warm day! I promised my dear Aunt I would send her a picture of us and the wonderful stroller she blessed us with! So Aunt Eileen, consider this the before picture! I am hoping to get a stroller coat/cover that is called "Warm as a Lamb" soon so we can keep walking even through the winter! We have befriended the grumpy old crossing guard and Kelli looks forward to see her (maybe more so her flashing stop sign) every day! We found out this week that this is her 40th year being a crossing gaurd in our district!! I am posting about this walking thing so that you all know I am doing it, that will help hold me accountable to keeping it up!! =)

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Good for you! I've been toying with idea of starting some sort of exercise, but I'm afraid it keeps getting pushed to the back burner. Maybe next week ;)