Monday, February 18, 2008

It Is A Wonder They Survive!

Andrew was off of school today because of Presidents Day. I am in the midst of planning a big retreat that is coming up this weeked at our church. I was having a hard time keeping them busy so I could have a little bit of time to work on some of the details. The kids asked if they could work on a "project" that involved painting. I decided that the mess would be worth having them be occupied for a chunk of time by something other than the tv. So I told them that as long as they put their painting shirts on that it was fine with me. So they got everything all put together to do their "project" (still don't know what it was). After about 20 minutes, I was out in the kitchen picking up and they both come in and Kelli is holding a cup of water cloudy with the paint left behind from rinsing brushes. Andrew has a silly grin on his face as Kelli exclaims "Mom, we used my water glass to wash our brushes! And guess what? The water still just tastes like water even with the paint in it! Andrew drank some and so I did too!" =) Gotta love the curiosity! They both were forced to drink 2 large glasses of paint free water!