Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"Excuse me??"

I really hope that I can do this story justice in words. I am afraid it may have been one of those you had to be there moments, but I have to give it a try.

My darling husband absolutely left me dumbfounded at dinner tonight. We were having a conversation about a guy who was supposed to come over to our house tonight to give us an estimate for doing some improvements to our driveway and he didn't come, so our conversation, as heard through my ears, went like this.....

Me: Do you think Tommy will still come tonight?

Brian: Nope, he was supposed to come Friday night, but he totally forgot. Since I got off work early today I called him and told him he could come, but he must not have been able to make it work. And he can't come tomorrow because I am getting snipped." (said very matter of factly)

Me (jaw dropped and totally stunned): Excuse Me??

Brian: Getting snipped tomorrow

Me: What do you mean, getting snipped tomorrow?

Brian: Kori, come on! What do you think it means that a guy is getting snipped?

Me: I know what it means, it means you are getting a vasectomy, but what do you mean YOU are getting snipped tomorrow?

Brian (laughing hysterically): Not me! Tommy! Tommy is getting snipped tomorrow!

Kori....no words, sobbing

Brian and kids...laughing hysterically

Kori, through tears: You have NO idea what you just did to my insides!


Guess I need to get my ears checked, huh??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny!
So are you saying that we can look forward to some more little Mauch's?!
~~from a 'great' Aunt!

Anonymous said...

That is so like Brian too! I would have thought the same thing! I can just picture the conversation. Poor you! Love ya Dana

Anonymous said...

LOL, Oh my goodness, I"m STILL laughing at this....POOR POOR KORI!!HOPEFULLY BRIAN will remember this conversation and will gladly DISCUSS this with you if and when "its time". TOO FUNNY!!!!

Jody S