Thursday, February 5, 2009

Smile!!

Andrew came home from school on Tuesday and was so excited because he had a loose tooth! He has not lost any yet and several of his friends and cousins have so he was beginning to get anxious about it! SO when he said something felt funny after eating lunch he was checking things out in gym class and discovered a loose tooth! I was so excited for him and a little sad to see another sign that he is indeed growing up as much as I am trying to not let him! As soon as Brian got home from work he ran to tell him all about it! Later that night, Brian was giving it a wiggle when we discovered that new teeth were coming in behind the loose tooth and the one next to it! Better start saving for braces now!! =) Yesterday when he came home from school it was really loose and I could see him playing with it with his tongue pretty constantly. When Brian came home, he told Andrew he should just pull it out! So Andrew tried for a little bit to get it out and then Brian did a little more wiggling and then Andrew, without even a whimper, reached in there and yanked it out! Thankfully they did it when I wasn't in the room because I was getting weak in the knees watching them wiggle it around!! He was very excited to have a dollar from the tooth fairy this morning! I told him I thought he was pretty lucky because I think the most I ever got was a quarter! I told him that the tooth fairy must have been feeling generous because it was his first lost tooth! Here are some pictures of the milestone! (You know I was focused on the tooth when I was taking the pictures, because when I uploaded them there was big crusty boogers I had to edit out!!!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

the back door said...

i had prepared for utter drama over lost teeth here! i was a huge drama queen over mine..but jack's first came out in bread..chloe swallowed her first and jack swallowed one in florida. we just write notes to the fairy and they are always rewarded...but like you, i think the tooth fairy is a little too generous! although, when she forgot the 3rd night in a row...she was very apologetic!!

The Lawver's said...

AWWW how cute. He is huge.

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh about the tooth Fairy only leaving a quarter!
Love you~
Mom