Friday, March 20, 2009

A Season of Sickness

For the past 2 months we have been back and forth to the doctor over and over again for one sickness or another....Strep throat...wheezing...coughing...ear aches...strep throat...pink eye...ear drainage...unexplained fever for almost 9 days...the list just goes on and on...And in the midst of all this Andrew has come home with notes on two different occasions that have stated that there was cases of lice in his classroom. A total of 6 kids have been sent home from his class! As of yet we have been spared, praise the Lord! I had to laugh the other morning when I took everything off the bread box to clean it...we have our own little pharmacy/healthfood store...I CANNOT wait for warmer weather to stay around! I want to open all the windows and let the fresh air chase out the germs and stale winter air that have accumulated! Until this week I had avoided all this sickness, but now it is my turn...It is amazing how a sore throat and pink eye can just wipe a pregnant woman out! I think it is supposed to be in the 60's early next week....spring just can't come quick enough!

Photobucket


Our pharmacy/healthfood store:
Acid controller and tums for my heartburn...with this pregnancy even water gives me heartburn

Omega Swirl Cod Liver Oil...my mom gave me some research that stated that women who took fish oil in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy had babies with less incidences of childhood asthma...since I have 2 with asthma, I thought I better give this a try

Sweet Echinacea for Emily

My flinstones and folic acid (prenatal vitamins make me sick!)

Emily's vitamins

The KZine are digestive enzymes that I give Emily every morning...she has had some reflux and this has seemed to help

Vit C and Echinacea for the older two

teething tablets for Emily...workin on her 2 year molars already

Vitamins for the kids

Andrews Inhaler and singular that he takes every night to control his asthma

and ear drops for Emily's nasty draining ear

Brians Vitamins

I don't even want to add up what all this costs???!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bummer to read that you have been sick too!! What a bummer!! I bet you are happy for the warmer weather!!
Love you~
Mom