Thursday, May 14, 2009

Addition Update

No new progress yesterday...lots of rain. Today they got the basement walls formed up and as we speak they are pouring concrete into the walls! Tomorrow the forms come off and they pour the basement floor! It is SO good to see things moving in the "putting back together" direction!! Demo is fun but this is SOOOO much more exciting for me!! We are doing good and are thankful for the help so many are offering! Yesterday I finally started thinking about making some preparations for the baby whose arrival is sneaking up on me! I bought some diapers, found some onsies to be washed and am just mentally processing for what is to come! Brian is back to work and I am most concerned that he is the one that gets overwhelmed as he has way more to do with this project than I do! He has to work all day and then come home and work on the house! Bless his heart! He is a good man and I am SO thankful for him everyday! I told him the other day...4 kids seemed so overwhelming...now as we wade through 2 surgeries, multiple sicknesses, an attic remodel still in progress and of course this new addition process and then adding another family member in the midst. When the addition is done and the attic is done and everyone is settled in their new rooms, having 4 kids is gonna seem like a piece of cake! =) (I know that is a stretch, but let me cling to that for now!! =)) Anyway...here are a few pics from today!!

Photobucket

Kelli and Andrew watching from their bedroom window
Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh about your comment that four kids will seem easy now after all of this!! I think you are right!! =)
Love you~
Mom