
With all the hustle and bustle around here one might think that we have forgotten that baby #4 is on the way...truth be told, not a whole lot of minutes go by that it isn't permeating my thoughts...I am a whole jumble of emotions as this pregnancy nears its final days. I am so anxious to meet this little one...to find out if it is a boy or girl...to see which of the kids he or she resembles...to take oodles of pictures to share with you...to watch the other kids love and respond to this new life that has joined our home. I am also anxious about how Emily will accept this little one, she is a mama's girl and doesn't like to share me even with Andrew and Kelli so I don't know what she is gonna think of this baby who demands so much of my time and attention. I am anxious about nursing and if my milk supply with be adequate, if again we will struggle with jaundice. I am anxious about how I will handle the fact that once this baby is delivered I have closed the chapter on childbearing, a chapter that has been one of the best chapters of my life (crying as I type this). I am anxious how I will maintain my sanity and adjust to having 4 kids with all 4 kids at home all summer. In my "infinite wisdom" I had planned to wait until Kelli and Andrew were both in all day school before having a 4th...I guess the Lord has some lessons he wishes to teach me! What a beautiful gift and amazing privilege we have been given to play a part in the molding and shaping and developing of these little ones...soon to be four of them holy cow!!
2 comments:
Now your making me teary, too! You my dear, have a way with words!! I love to read what you write. I think all you girls have this "gene"... speaking of writing, I have been working on my Faithbook and needed a break from writing, so I came to see if you had anything new on your blog!
Kori, I think that was your mom that wrote the first comment but wasn't sure - it just sounded so much like her. I also LOVE going to your blog - I have no idea how you keep up with it like you do but it's truly a joy to keep up with you and your family. As I read this most recent post, I got choked up! I have to thank you for being so candid with your thoughts and feelings regarding this little one you're about to meet and all that this fourth pregnancy symbolizes and means to you! I thank you because you've made me reflect and realize should the Lord chose to bless me with more or just little Ainsley it truly is an unfathamoble joy to become a mom and to know that feeling of a life growing inside of you! What a blessing that you've been able to do this FOUR times - what an amazing God we serve! Enjoy and savor these last few weeks and then spend a lifetime enjoying your precious clan! =) love - Val
Post a Comment