Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bedroom Makeover

When Brian and I got married our VERY FAVORITE gift was an amazing log bed made by Brian's high school friend, Kirk. He is an extremely talented craftsman (you can see his work here (he specializes in custom pool tables now). I had always loved "lodge" or woodsy decor, and so a log bed had been a dream of mine! Over the years my tastes have changed a bit, but in our room I felt kinda trapped with the woodsy feel because of the bed. While I wanted to be done with the decor, there was NO WAY I was even considering being done with the bed. When we redid Andrew's room (you can see that here) we had to add some walls in our room and so it has needed to be painted for a year, but I was really torn on what to do. Well we finally bit the bullet, and I got Brian to agree to some major changes, so 2 weeks ago we packed up our room because that bed, well it's HUGE, and our room is small and there was no way to work with the bed together. We moved our mattress in with the girls and our dressers and night tables to the hallway and got to work! I think it was the fastest we have ever completed a project! I am SOOOO please with the results!! There is still work to do...I need to make drapes, and get some photos up, but I couldn't wait to share!

Here's the before's

And now =)

This makes me happy!

For the drapes I am going to do white floor to ceiling flowy fabric on a black rod with pretty finials, and for photos....well I have a gazillion ideas running around in my head...I'll be sure and take another photo when it's really done! And the opening to the left of the bed is a closet...doors being painted white right now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks so nice and peaceful!!
Can't wait to see the totally done photos!
Mom

Christy said...

That's SO pretty and SHOULD make you happy! Painting = lot of work, lot of reward. Great job!
Christy

lily field furniture said...

LOVE that white trim! Ikea also has really cheap white drapes too if you don't feel like making them...