Thanks so much for all your sweet comments here and on facebook about our room! We also painted our dining room between Christmas and New Years and it totally changed the look and feel of the room. At first we didn't like it. No, that's too nice. We couldn't stand it! It is the same color as the kitchen, which we love, but with different light and different flooring it looked NOTHING like the kitchen color. We changed the lightbulbs to "daylight" bulbs and that did help, enough that we decided to live with it for a bit and see if it grows on us. It's slowly growing on us, especially in natural light. Hanging some fabric on the windows has also helped and thus where I need your help. I'm torn on my drapery fabric, so I thought I'd put it up to a vote. I'm not guaranteeing that I will be going with the results, but hoping it will help me in my decision! ;) These are not the greatest quality photos, but I am hoping it gives you a bit of an idea. Oh, and a before and after too!
Before... Not a great before...but it's the only one I have! It was a darker brown color.
Now... (We are going to paint the trim white) This doesn't show the color very accurately, but you can see it's much lighter!
This is pretty close to what the color looks like
Okay and for the fabric choices.... They are all black and white (yeah, my white balance is way off on these!)
Here's what I started with (ignore the fabric that all the samples are attached to...it's one of my photography backdrops)
I think I've narrowed it down to these three (but feel free to chime in on one of the others)
OPTION ONE ~ lets call this swirls
OPTION TWO ~ damask
OPTION THREE ~ lattice
I'd love your opinion! Either leave a comment here or on facebook! Thanks!!
5 comments:
of the 3.. i think i like the damask the best.. but i thin i may like the one that is right under that on the original photo of all the samples.
hmm, what style of furniture do you have in the room? are there any other fabrics in the room? Ie pillow or carpet? be careful scale is important to..( how big the window is ) I agree with Miriam on the fabric selection.
Have fun.
I would vote for damask as well.
soooo...just for the fact of being difficult! I would do the 2nd fabric (modern poppy flower?) with a 24" band along the bottom of fabric 3 (geometric basket weave). I LOVE mixing fabrics as it makes everything look more custon. You couls also ad a cool trim at the seam of the two to add some texture! the curtains are what will help soften up the room since everything else in the room is hard... any extra frills just help! But if you want a simple answer... I would go #2 or damisk!
I like the swirl one, but I wouldn't take my advice..... I just bought my first home decoration today (I'm still learning!)
Post a Comment