Saturday, January 15, 2011

Making Memories

We've had a long week! We were all discombobulated because Brian and I moved out of our room and in with Emily and Kelli because we had some work to do to our room (before and after photos to come soon!). So we've been up late, not sleeping well and then I unexpectedly became the speaker for our moms group this week because the scheduled speaker had an emergency appendectomy, the kids didn't have school Friday, which was also Andrew's birthday, we promised him we would watch The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe with them (2hr and 15 min long and we started at 815), today was Andrew's first basketball game, Grandparents came for the game and then over for brunch and cake, then Brian left for the evening to go to the Bulls game and I am on the worship team at church tomorrow and teach Sunday School. Yikes! I have to admit, all day, I have been looking forward to 730. I could put the kids to bed, and relax, in the quiet, all by myself. I ordered a pizza for me and the kids tonight. We got really silly at dinner, we were laughing SO hard! I had the blinds open in the dining room and I thought to myself, I would love it if this is what our family looked like all the time if someone happened to be looking in our windows. It's also what I want my kids to remember our home being like. Full of fun and laughter. Full of love and security. I enjoyed that moment, and was happy to participate in the silliness. Andrew and Kelli asked if they could watch a movie after the little ones were in bed. I said they could, but that all the kids needed to get their baths and showers done in a timely manner. I told them I would give the babes a bath and then they could take quick showers. I knew the question was coming, so in light of my dinnertime revelation, I decided to beat them to the punch....."Unless you all want to get in the tub together?", which was met with squeals of delight! I told them the only condition was that I wanted ONE good picture of the four of them in the tub. And I'd say they were very cooperative.....


I was satisfied with my one good picture, so I told them to have fun, but to please not get too crazy, and to try and keep as much of the water IN the tub as possible! And then I just watched, and smiled, and captured it all, for them and for me.....


I love bedtime...love the quietness, love the snuggling, love ending their day with prayers, hugs and kisses (Kelli helped me capture a few of these)....

4 comments:

lily field furniture said...

LOVE this post!! So, so true! I am often way too serious about life and need a good reminder to lighten up and have fun with my girls! So funny to see all 4 of your kids in the tub when eden still has nightmares about it ;)

lily field furniture said...

oh, and btw.... WHO's kid is Nathan? Fess up.

Anonymous said...

Just precious, Kori. It is such a joy for me to see our girls all be such wonderful mom's. It is good to remind ourselves to have fun along the way - your kiddo's are blessed to have you as their mom.'
Love you~
Mom

Heidi said...

So cute Kori. The way you described your home is how i often remember the yellow house on Stephenson. I loved coming over because there was always so much love and laughter there. How lucky you are to have that with your own family.

Heidi