As the arrival of baby #3 approaches I find myself gazing at Andrew and Kelli thanking God for two such precious children. My eyes well with tears as I write this! Certainly some pregnancy hormones involved, but my heart truly overflows with love like I never imagined possible for these two. I think of how life has changed with the addition of each one and can remember when Kelli's arrival was nearing, I so worried I wouldn't be able to love another baby as much as I loved Andrew. But like my Aunt Lori told me, your capacity to love expands with each child. And I immediately found that to be truth as Kelli was placed in my arms. I look at Andrew and am amazed at how he has grown. Both physically and his personality. He is so curious and has common sense alot of adults I know don't have. He has such a sweet heart and is so eager to please those he loves. His spirit is soft and teachable and he has shown himself to be such a caring helper as he sees me struggle with the physical challanges of the end stages of pregnancy. He opens the car door, he brings me my shoes when he knows we are ready to leave, he helps get Kelli dressed in the mornings and helps her get buckled in her car seat. And all of this without being asked. And have you seen his freckles? I could eat him up! He also has a great sense of adventure. Loves to ride his bike and try new jumps. His new favorite pasttime is chasing and trying to capture butterflies. He also has been riding a dirt bike and recently got the training wheels off. He crashed into the fence when he was showing me his new skills. He stood up and brushed himself off, and proclaimed "I'm Okay!" as I stood there bawling! Oh the things I am going to have to get used to being the mom of a boy!
And Kelli, sweet Kelli. She has been giving me a taste of my own medicine. At least that is what Brian says. Oh the drama! But the smile and the joy that this girl posseses melts my heart. Life is in her eyes. She is so excited to learn new things and is always following "brother" around. That is what she affectionately calls Andrew. "Brother, will you take me on a bug hunt?" "Brother, come on lets read this book." "I love you, brother." She is excited to share her old room with the new baby and to feed her doll while mom is feeding the new baby. "As soon as that baby comes, I am going to be a big sister!" I know she will be such a big helper!
I will go to bed shortly and before doing so, I will check on them, and every night, no matter what the day has been like, when I kiss their sleeping faces my heart is overwhelmed with love for these two little one's.
Thank you God for the blessings everyday of being a mother. Help me not to miss the treasures.
My heart beats outside my chest...
No comments:
Post a Comment