Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I've Been Tagged

Well I was tagged by my roommate my freshman year of college at the back door blog. this means i need to share 8 things about me and/or my family you don't know. so here goes nothing....
1. My parents met in jail
2. I am the oldest of 5 girls and we all have the same profession
3. I know how to keep the score book at a baseball/softball game (watch for a great softball post coming soon!
4. My hubby and I are "acting our wage" and working diligently towards becoming debt free!!
5. We own and manage a 17 unit apartment building. It is a huge thorn in the flesh, but we have several international students living there now and it is fun to get a little taste of several different cultures
6. I have an irrational fear of insects with stingers...bee's, wasps, hornets, even bumble bees (I have heard that they don't sting, but I am not taking my chances!!)
7. I used to have no fear (with the exception of insects with stingers)~I would downhill ski with reckless abandon, I would climb to the highest heights (my sister Nikki and I were two of the youngest people to reach the peak of Horn Peak in Colorado. I would try anything! Now that I am a mother, (I think that is the explanation for it) I am a big fat chicken! As evidenced by... #1. When Brian took me skiing when Andrew was about a year and a half old, I cried like a baby, and wouldn't stop "snowplowing" the entire day! That was a low point in our marriage! =) #2. Now I won't climb a ladder, not because heights scares me, but having to come back down the ladder terrifies me! #3. Okay, I can't think of another example, but I am sure Brian could! I don't know why but my computer is not letting me put #8 on a new line so I am just going to keep typing until it is on a new line____ 8. My best friend in the whole world lives in Lusaka, Zambia and is pregnant with her 4th baby! I met her when I was her nurse with her 2nd baby, Emma Jean, who was born on my birthday. I knew her mother in law from church, but didn't know Elise until that day...shortly thereafter she started coming to our church and from there we were connected at the hip until she and her hubby, and 3 kids moved to Africa to be missionaries. They will not return home until February of 2009!! It has been quite an adjustment! Okay, same scenario here, wont let me move to a new line so now I have to choose someone to tag....So Wendy, Tag your it!! Check out Wendy's Blog Sweet Sorem Six (you can find her link and the link for the back door) in my favorites!

No comments: