So in my "tagged" post, I shared a little about my best friend in the whole world who lives in Africa. I just recieved her families update letter and thought I would share part of it with you! Movety is their guard and his family lives in a small house on their property. This is a letter that Movety wrote...
"I lost my job as a contracted guard because my services were no longer needed. I had no courage to face the problem that my family would encounter. All hope was gone. I could see the plates drying up. I could see a disease attacking my family, chill went through my body and fear gripped me as a sign of defeat. I saw my project coming to an end (building a 6m by 4m room enough for my family). The room was barely on roof level by the time I lost my job. Within my soul, body and mind I turned 360 degrees each day to find a way leading to a solution, be it temporal or permanent, who knows. I find not even a close. I thought of a place where I would take my family where they would not be eviceted by cruel landlords. All I could see was darkness. I prayed...prayed to God Almighty. God flashed a bright light into my life, the light that gave back lost hope to me and my family. I saw showers of food on our plate each day, resurrecting my dying project. I saw my family receiving good medication. I thanked God for thes Light...The brighest light in my life that flashed by God in the month of February 2007 is the coming of the Whitfields. They humbled themselves to come and mix with the less privileged people oin Zambia, Africa. They have gone deep to the grass roots level to see and share the problems those people are facing. They have seen and identified the real problems those people have. Among the people with problems I stand as an example of them touched by the Whitfields' helping hand. When they saw my problems they took them to be theirs and got deeply physically involved. My hope was back when they said they had come for people like me. A month with them they have kept their promises of providing a meal each day and in times of sickness a provision of good medication to my family. A week old in Zambia they saw the need of shelter for me. They helped to finish building my house and bought the roofing sheet. Mr. Luke Whitfield himself fixed the roof of my house. This commitment cannot go without praise. Such people deserve to live longer on this planet earth, to touch even more people those who have real problems. I therfore pray to God Almighty to grant them more time to contiune their good mission. ~Movety Nyrenda Touched Fellow"
Hearing stories like this takes the sting out of her physical absence in my day to day life...Praise God for their ministry to these people!
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment