Well, the veggies continue to be hidden in our dinner, and the results have been fairly successful. We had chicken nuggets the other night that are dipped in brocolli puree then a bread crumb mixture. They were eatible, but not great. Lots of Ranch dressing helped! I also overcooked some of them so that didn't help either. Then there were these Pita Pizza's. They are made on whole wheat pita's and are supposed to have spinach puree hidden under the sauce and cheese. I was out of spinach puree so I mixed 1/2 cup sweet potato puree with the sauce. I tasted the sauce before and after I added the puree and I noticed only a slight change in flavor. I think the whole wheat pita's were the issuse with this recipe. Next time I may try it on the pizza dough I normally make and see if that is an improvment.

Today I tried the Chocolate Chip Cookies...I know, several of you have told me that putting veggies in dessert is taking it too far, and I am inclined to agree...but these are actually quite yummy. Not the best I have ever had, but considering they have Chick Peas (Garbonzos Beans) in them, I am quite impressed! They are pretty and the chick peas look like butterscotch chips. The kids LOVED them! So at least it is a healthy option for cookies for the kids and they took care of my chocolate craving!

So I say the jury is still divided. Well as of right now, the kids are loving it and the grown ups not so much!! The funny thing is that Andrew has caught on and he asks me every day, "What's for dinner?" I tell him and then he always asks "what's in it?" I start telling him the ingredients and he inturrupts and says "I mean, what vegetables?!" So I guess it is a step in the right direction. I am finding I am just going to have see if I can get the veggies included in meals I am already making! Tomorrow we are having a good old fashioned roast with potatoes and carrots. Monday is Pork Chops and then Tuesday a new recipe of Aloha Chicken (Cauliflower and Pineapple Purees)
No comments:
Post a Comment