Monday, October 22, 2007

Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes and Brownies

This is my own recipe for Meatloaf, however I added 1/2 cup brocolli puree. We also had Mashed Potatoes to which I added 1/2 cup Cauliflower puree.
Brian: "Had no idea there was anything different until Andrew got a chunk of brocolli stalk and I burped and it tasted cauliflowery"
Andrew: "I didn't like that big chunk, but otherwise it tasted just like it always does...yummy!"
Kelli: "I ate it all gone in my tummy!"
I also didn't notice any change in taste in either dish, I will definitely do this again!
These brownines contain 1/2 cup spinach puree and 1/2 cup carrot puree
Brian: "Okay, you just shouldn't mess with brownies"
(while making a funny face)
Andrew: "YUMMY!!"
Kelli: These are yummy!"
I totally agree with Brian on this one! They were horrible! But I was thrilled the kids loved them! I have never let them have 2 brownies, but I did with these, they tasted so strong of spinach that I figured it was like letting them have 2nd's of veggies! So I will stick to making my mom's zucchini chocolate cake, which is scrumptous!! I will put the recipe for that on here soon! on the menu for tonight is Chicken Nuggets.
And another quick note, We took Emily to the doctor today and she is doing great! She has been off steroids since yesterday morning and the doctor assures me that the problems with nursing are because of the increase in appetite that little ones experience when they are on the steroids, so she should start nursing better! And really she already has been doing better today! Praise the Lord!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made chocolate cupcakes tonight with beets. I used a regular box mix and put in 1/2 cup beets for the 1/2 cup of oil. They are WONDERFUL!!

My 4 year old said they are 'fabilarvalis'. (I guess that is fabulous and marvelous at the same time.) Thanks for the advice!