So what I though I would do is tell you what veggies were in this dish and then give you the opinion of each member of the family and then maybe somethings I will do next time I make it!Veggies in this dish
3 Carrots
1 stalk of celery
1 med onion
26 oz can of crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup sweet potato puree
Brian: "Don't like it, it's very bland, can I have some salt?"
(Brian has had a cold...I think that he is not tasting all the flavors yet, because it wasn't bland)
Andrew: "Halfway between like it and don't like it"
Kelli: "I kinda like it"
My own review: I was very nervous as I was preparing this dish, because it smelled VERY tomatoee. I however was pleasantly surprised that it was actually quite tasty. It was a little heavy on the tomato flavor, so next time I think I will use a 26 oz jar of spaghetti sauce instead of the can of crushed tomatoes. Otherwise, I thought it was great for the amount of veggies in it! I also could have made 1/2 the recipebut because there were leftovers I mixed the sauce and noodles together, will put them in a casserole dish and cover it with shredded cheese and bake it.
On tonights menu....Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes
No comments:
Post a Comment