Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Catching Up

I know I am posting alot tonight...but I am in a groove so I am trying to get caught up!! Andrew has asked me numerous times throughout the year if he can bring Emily for his Show and Share day. (He "gets" to bring an item in every Thursday to show his classmates and they have the opportunity to ask questions about what he brings). I have always told him that is doesn't work because Emily is sleeping during his show and share time. Well when he asked last week, I couldn't turn him down because it was his last one for Kindergarten and I don't know how much longer Emily will be a novelty to him! Here are the photos from our time in his classroom. He was such a proud big brother!! I put Emily on his lap and he says in a strong voice..."This is my sister Emily and I play with her everyday! And she can crawl really fast and I can make her laugh!" The questions that the kids asked were. "Do you really play with her every day?" "How does she crawl?" Which of course he allowed Emily to demonstrate, by placing her on the floor. She did a great job and crawled right across the room to me at record speed. All the kids thought that was hilarious. And notice two things...Check out how red Andrew's face is in the first picture....They had just come in from recess and it was super hot and humid. Several of the boys, including Andrew, were just dripping with sweat. Must have been a great game of kickball! Also, notice Emily's face in the 2nd picture...doesn't she look terrified??? Oh wait, now that I look closer....perhaps the face is because her leg is folded up behind her body!!
Show and Share is at the end of the school day so Kelli, Emmers and I sat on the lawn and waited for Andrew to be dismissed. Emily doesn't really like to crawl around on the grass yet, but I snapped these two shots and love em so thought I would share them too!

No comments: