Monday, June 9, 2008

Last full day of school

Update....Our play group is a fair weather play group, so I didn't have to make the decision between the two! So instead of basking in the sun by the pool, I spent the entire day on my knees scrubbing our dining room floor! YUCK!!!! I don't feel I have ever gotten the floor really clean in the 6 years that we have lived her, I know disqusting right. But everything I use seems to leave a film or residue. SO on my hands and knees I scrubbed with a mixture of vinegar and water and it still looks crappy. Pardon my french. SO I scrubbed the whole thing again with plain water thinking maybe it just needed to be rinsed. Nope, no improvement. So then I went over the whole thing with windex thinking that would maybe restore some of the shine, nope. So then I scrubbed it with a mixture of water, dishwashing detergent and laundry detergent. And while this I felt left it the cleanest looking, it still looks dull and well yes, crappy. So if anyone out there has any tricks for sprucing up laminate flooring, I am all ears!!


Well, last August I dropped my baby off for his first day of kindergarten and stood in the hallway sobbing because I couldn't imagine him being gone from me all day!! Now here we are the last full day of school and I am frightened at the prospect of having all three kids home with me all day! What a swing of the pendulum?!! At least I am not sobbing. We will see if that statement is still true later in the summer! So my plans for today? I am waivering between going to a play group with Kelli and Emily or getting a couple majorish projects done on my last full day with Andrew occupied at school. I will let you know later which I decided to do! =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess I know which option you choose!! All that scrubbing sounded like a lot of work!!
Love you~
Mom