Andrew started 1st grade today! If you remember from last years first day of school post, the morning was rather emotionally charged. Andrew crying and clinging to Brian's leg and me, 2 weeks postpartum and bawling in the hallway. Thank goodness Brian took the morning off of work to help me with the transition! Well today Andrew and I managed all on our own and neither of us shed a tear! I will admit I got a little choked up on the way home (there is just something that tugs on those heartstrings when you walk away from a little boy who is so trying to be a big grown up boy), but overall it was a smooth transition from summer break back into the school year! Andrew is so excited because he has the teacher he wanted and he has at least 5 kids from his class last year in his class and there are also 2 kids from our church in his class as well and they sit at his table!! We are excited about another great school year!! Here are the standard first day of school shots! And it was sweet...I was letting Emily sleep a little (Lauren graciously came to watch the girls so I could get Andrew to school without having to tote them along) and Andrew was heartbroken that he didn't get to say goodbye to her and have a picture taken with her as well! So of course I woke her up...want to encourage that sibling love as long as I can!


2 comments:
What a little man he is! I think he looks older than first grade.
Allen is SO excited to start school week from tomorrow.
My baby--a junior in high school!
~~Aunt Madeleine
What GREAT pictures and how precious that he wanted to have his sister in the photo!!!
We are at an Internet Cafe in Kinsale...by the Sea
Love you all
Mom and Dad
Post a Comment