We live really close to Andrew's school and he really wanted to walk to and from school by himself last year and I said absolutely not...you are too young, maybe when you are in 1st grade. Well of course he remembered that and after much conversation we decided that Tuesday we would meet half way and if that went well he could come home on his own Wednesday. I sat on the porch trying to be relaxed, but was a nervous wreck and looked at my watch 100 times as I anxiously waited his arrival. He was very exasperated by me catching the whole arrival in pictures, but I was really proud of this small step of independence that he made!

4 comments:
oh now i feel bad....i won't let my 2nd grader walk from the bus stop at the end of our street by himself!! hmm...maybe i should let him grow up a little!
What a beautiful picture of your handsome boy! Those eyes with the green background....
A Madeleine
That was so fun to see Andrew walking home - you are a brave mom and Andrew is very smart!
How is Kelli doing at school - has that started?
Love you all~
Mom and Dad
what a doll... they are all growing up to fast!
Post a Comment