Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Sweet Kelli...

Today my sweet Kelli turns 5. I was thinking back today to the day she was born and the day before and thought I would just share from her baby book what I wrote down about the story of her birthday...

When Daddy came home from work on May 6th, I told him all the events that had happened that day, and that you would probably be making your entrance soon! Dand had plans to build a retaining wall the whole length of our driveway that coming saturday and we debated whether we should still order the blocks? We decided that we would go ahead and order them because if you decided to be stubborn and take a few more days then daddy could still work on his wall! So that night after dinner Mommy, Daddy and Andrew took a trip to Menards and ordered everything Daddy would need. We went back home and got Andrew in bed, picked up the house a little bit and then mommy and daddy got settled in for a good night sleep too! At 2am I woke up and my water had broke. I woke daddy up and told him that it was time! He called Grandma Mauch to come stay with Andrew. As soon as Grandma got to the house, Daddy took me to the hospital. I still was not having any contractions. My friend Tracey got me all settled in my room, then Beth Post, a nurse mommy worked with for 5 years, took over. I had my 1st contraction at 3am and then things went quickly from there! Our midwife, Kim, arrived and said I was dilated to 7 centimeters. I was doing well, staying calm and using breathing to keep me relaxed. Daddy helped me into the shower to see if that would help and it did! So I stayed there for a while and then back to bed. My body was telling me that it was time to push so I did and 20 minutes later I watched in a mirror as you delivered! Kim laid you at the food of the bed and daddy and I kept looking trying to see if you were a boy or a girl?! Kim finally siad, "It's a girl!" We couldn't believe it! We were sure you were going to be another boy! What a wonderful surprise! You were born at 641am weighing 8 pounds and were 21 inches long! We Love you, Kelli Renee! Welcome to our family!"

Just a few weeks old...
Photobucket


5 years old...
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The moral of the story is that you are always in some kind of a major home improvement project at the time of your due dates!!
Love you~
Mom

miriam said...

I see a trend here... every time you have a baby you are doing some home project?.. any other projects after this one? Haha!