Monday, July 30, 2007

The Power of Dad

Brian went to hit some golf balls at the driving range tonight. Before he left he told the kids, mom is going to put you to bed, if you are still up talking and playing when I get home, there is going to be trouble! So I put them to bed, reminded them of the impending troubles promised if they were not quiet when dad got home, they said they remembered and that they would be quiet. Down stairs I could hear them playing, actually quite vigorously, but thought I would let them learn their lesson, so left them be. Funny thing though...I heard Brian come in the back door, and coincidently I never heard another peep out of the kids room. I am figuring they were keeping watch out their window which looks out to the garage. Well at least they avoided "trouble". So I go to check on them before I go to bed and this is what I found....
This picture actually doesn't do justice to the scene...but literally all of the toys that stay on the floor, not stored in the toy boxes, were all piled high on top of eachother in front of Kelli's bed. Quite the busy beavers they were! While they slept, I quietly put everything back in it's place, and am anxious to ask them about their nighttime activities in the morning! Here is another picture that I thought was priceless! Makes me relax just looking at it!

1 comment:

Sorem Family said...

i love it! they sound just like my boys!! marc always seem to have to final power too. i love that God made it that way so that we can stay nurturing and not the "mean" ones! miss you!