When Brian built the new garage last summer we tore down the old one, which left a large concrete we'll call it a patio, but I use that term loosely. It is great for the kids for riding bikes and running around and coloring beautiful pictures with sidewalk chalk. The only downside is that there is a low spot that collects water when it rains. It wouldn't be so bad except it is just a little bit outside of the back door and it never fails that the van is parked right along side it. At least with the new arrangement this low spot is out in the open. When the old garage was there it was right inside the side garage door. So picture this....it's raining, and it has been raining for a while. You are all dressed and ready to go somewhere and you get three kids dressed and ready to go and you stand at the back door waiting to make the dash 5 feet from the house to the garage. So you decide to go and you all race across and mom throws open the side garage door and you all run in....right in to a gigantic puddle that has formed. This happened more than once...totally soaking wet...all of us...up to our ankles!! Well, now you see the puddle as soon as you walk out the back door and we are able to avoid it for the most part. There of course is the occasional 6 year old boy who just simply cannot resist the temptation!! Anyway, back on task here. The other day the kids had played hard all day and it was HOT!! and HUMID!!! (gave me some flashbacks of last year when I was so miserable and HUGE with child!!) And Brian had worked all day long outside as well. Later in the afternoon it started to get cloudy and cooled off a little bit and then started to rain. Kelli and I had already gotten cleaned up and went to get a few groceries while Andrew and Brian finished up outside and Emily was napping. By the time Kelli and I got home it was pouring rain and Andrew was running around in the rain having a blast and soaking wet! Emily had woken while we were gone and Brian was sitting in the garage with Emily in the stroller. When Emily sees me she is no longer content to sit, but wants to be held, so I took her out and held her for a while and then she got bored and wanted to get down and crawl around. Since the garage is not the cleanest place for crawling, I only let her down for a few seconds, but when I picked her up her legs were already black with dirt. So I headed for inside to get her cleaned up and get dinner ready. Wow, this is getting lengthy. Well on the way in, I see our famous puddle and decide to clean off her legs a little bit in the puddle and then take her in and give her a bath....Well, she went nuts!! I have a feeling this girl is going to LOVE the pool this summer! Please ignore her bright red knees from crawling around on the concrete! I promise she wasn't in any pain and the redness went away after only a short time....=) These pictures of the puddle party make me smile and I hope you enjoy them as much!!













4 comments:
So stinkin cute, I love her now that she is nice to me =) when was that?
Lauren??? Is that you???? You figured out how to comment!!! I am so happy she is nice to you now! Don't feel too bad...she wasn't really nice to anyone! =) This was this past Saturday.
Oh my word all the pics are so cute! I want to play in a puddle after seeing those pictures. Cannot believe how much andrew looks like Brian in that picture on the last day of school!!!
~Danielle
Yes it's me...you figured it out =)
Post a Comment