Well, this isn't something I ever thought I would say...We have had the pleasure of caring for the 7 tadpoles of my (I can never figure out what the actual title is) but he is my 2nd cousins child. They are on vacation and we are also keeping an eye on their house and feeding their chickens and gathering eggs and picking strawberries and we are loving it!! The most fascinating part though has been the tadpoles! We have been able to see these things turn in to frogs!! When we got them a week ago yesterday there were 7 tadpoles that looked like the one on the right in the picture below. And over this week we have seen 3 of them turn into frogs as you will see in the final picture. They are super tiny, about the size of a pencil eraser. They started out looking like tadpoles then you notice that they have 2 legs, then in a day or two they have 4 legs and then they start looking more like frogs, but still with a long tail then before you know it they are tailless and up on the dry land climbing the walls and hopping all around! It really has been amazing! With the development of the first frog I got so excited when I saw that it was up on the dry land, I ran upstairs and woke Brian up to tell him about it!! =) So thanks so much Kevin for letting us care for your tadpoles!


2 comments:
That is so neat for the kids!
I have thought of you taking care of the Maillefer farm. Hope you're enjoying the pool too!
~~Aunt Madeleine
I love Andrew's tatoo!
where are the sister pics?????
love you,
nikki
Post a Comment